Glimmer



A few years ago, at a women's conference that I attended,  Beth Moore asked the thousands of women in attendance to fill in the blank:

 "If the Lord had not been on my side, I would be __________________"

I didn't have to think long to form an entire list of  what or where I would be.  

Sharing that information with the world is difficult.

Because if the Lord had not been on my side,  I would not be here.

Yet God so graciously intervenes and reminds us of His love.

I can understand the desire to end it all somehow, or to just recede into a cocoon to protect yourself. Pain sometimes is overwhelming and seems as though it will never end. 

Where is the light on those dark days?

God is still the Light of the world.  He is still the Light of our souls.

He would always remind me "Count your blessings."

When we are counting blessings, it's difficult to stay focused on the darkness.

Don't ever forget or set aside the wonders He has performed in your life.   If necessary, write them down so you have a record.

That glimmer of light is Him.   Focus!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Altar

All Ya Got!