He Promised

     

Rest in the LORD.

Identity in Christ.

Child of God.

Heir.

New creation in Christ


Just some random thoughts.   

If we are children of God born anew through Jesus.   If our identity is:  His child, His heir, His creation, Believer, Saved by the blood, Transformed by the renewing of our minds.

If we believe He is our Father, Savior, Redeemer, Friend, Provider, Creator, Healer, Adviser, and the source of all Love and Compassion.

Then why?

Why have doubts about our future?  Why worry about what's going on around us?

Someone recently commented to me:  "God always seems to take care of you.   He always seems to answer your prayers."

I replied "Why wouldn't He?   He promised He would."

I mean...  please don't think that  I don't have my fair share of troubles in this world.   I have lost loved ones, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and lately my father.   I have been betrayed and abandoned by people.  I have been disappointed by people that I love dearly.  I have been divorced and  it was another death.   I have lost relationships and I have lost income and I have lost jobs.  I almost lost practically everything I own.

But through it all, I have trusted Jesus and given my troubles to Him.

When I pray and ask for my heart's desires, I let Him know that although this is what I am wanting at this point in my life, if He has something else in mind for me then that's what I want.      Even though the answer may not look at all like what I was asking.  Even if His answer is the exact thing I am praying would not happen.  

Nevertheless. His. Will. Be. Done.

I know that sometimes it seems that He doesn't even hear us or is never going to answer.

But He does.  And He will.

He always gives the best answers.   Even when it doesn't look like it at the time.

He's my Heavenly Father , Dad, Daddy.  He's got all the power.  He's got all the control.   He is trustworthy.

And wow!  I'm His kid.

Not only did He create me, He adopted me!   

He chose me!

He put the best robe and ring on the prodigal.

I have lots of clothes and nice things.

He provided bountiful bread and fish to the hungry.

He filled a widow's jar with an unending supply of oil which provided food for her and her household.

He led all those rebellious Israelites through the wilderness for 40 years and provided everything they needed.  Their clothes and shelter never wore out and they had all the food they needed every day.

I've never gone hungry.

He raised people from the dead and cured their horrible diseases.

He gave me new life.

He never abandoned anyone.

He won't abandon me ... or you.

He never betrayed anyone.

He won't betray me ... or you.

He protects His own.  

He protects me.

He goes looking for those that are lost.

He found me.

He will find you too.

So I have determined that if He is all these things.

If He has done all these things.

If He has promised all these things.

Then I am just going to believe Him.    

It might seem outrageous to believe that God will answer my prayers and take care of me, but it has worked out so far.   I don't believe He's going to stop now.

God is not a man, that He should lie.



"God is not a man, that He should lie.  Nor a son of man, that He should repent.  Has He said, and will He not do?  Or has He spoke, and will He not make it good?   Behold, I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it."  (Numbers 23: 19-20 )

"For thus says the LORD God of Israel: "The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry until the day the LORD sends rain on the earth.  So she went away and did according the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days.  The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke by Elijah."  (1 Kings 17: 15-17)

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13: 5)

"And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.'  But the father said to his servants, 'bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet."  (Luke 15: 21-22)

All scripture from the NKJV

#outrageousbelief #trustGod #provider #savior #protector #healer #heirtotheking


Photo by Rodolfo Marques on Unsplash





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Altar

All Ya Got!