If You Get to Choose, Choose Love




"Life is very short, and there's no time
For fussing and fighting, my friend."   

These are lyrics from "We Can Work It Out" by The Beatles

In Canton one day, I found these lyrics on a home decoration and, being a die hard Beatles fan, just had to purchase it.

The young lady that checked me out had not a clue that the words were lyrics to a song, so with my out of key voice, I sang her a few lines.... She was probably glad when she got rid of this crazy customer.

Every now and then a song will get something right, you think? This is one of those. Life is short. No time for fussing and fighting.

If you get to choose, choose love (that one is from me)...............


WE CAN WORK IT OUT
Try to see it my way,
Do i have to keep on talking till i can't go on?
While you see it your way,
Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone.
We can work it out,
We can work it out.
Think of what you're saying.
You can get it wrong and still you think that it's alright.
Think of what i'm saying,
We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night.
We can work it out,
We can work it out.
Life is very short, and there's no time
For fussing and fighting, my friend.
I have always thought that it's a crime,
So i will ask you once again.
Try to see it my way,
Only time will tell if i am right or i am wrong.
While you see it your way
There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.
We can work it out,
We can work it out.

By the way, I told the young lady cashier that she would probably be selling more of this particular item to crazy people my age. She just smiled and shook her head.

Gotta love  the Beatles... and must have compassion on those that just don't know..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do I Do With This Cross

On The Altar

Because ... a prayer