Intercessor

 


 
Holy Father...
 
Precious God of all creation...
 
Thank  You.
 
Thank you that I can come BOLDLY into Your throne room. 
 
Unannounced.
 
Yet not unexpected.
 
Thank You that I do not have to do battle in order to enter Your presence. 
 
You anticipate my entrance and look forward to our conversation.  You welcome me with open arms.
 
Thank You for Your Son, Jesus... Lamb of God, King of Kings, Savior, Friend.
 
Father, God... I come before You, knowing and believing  through  your Word, that I can present my petitions and be heard.  Knowing that when I ask, I am forgiven.     Knowing that Jesus intercedes for me.  
 
He is not an earthly advocate that would only know the facts of my situation yet have no understanding or compassion for the intimate personal longings and desires of my heart.
 
He is not a prosecutor, pointing out my faults and weaknesses.
 
He is my personal representative in Your presence.  With the Holy Spirit, He knows my heart, my soul,  my situation, my wants and needs and dreams.  He even knows the thoughts and dreams that I have no words to express.  He requests blessings on my life that I would never even imagine.   Blessings that are Your will for me.
 
My advocate before You is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.   He is the Living Water and the express Image of You.  The Lamb that was slain.  He is Your one and only begotten Son, and He is my Savior and Redeemer, my High Priest sitting at Your right hand.  
 
I am covered by the blood of His sacrifice.  Forgiven of sin.   Saved and redeemed.  Born again.  Because of Your love.    Because of Him.
 
You see and know my past, my present and my future.   You understand my innermost.   Yet for His sake,  and because of the blood of His sacrifice, You hear my pleas and look lovingly on me as though I have committed  no crime, no sin.
 
My flesh is shamed by Your holiness, yet my spirit leaps for joy because of Your love and forgiveness.
 
For His sake, You answer my prayers and provide my needs.   You provide more than my heart can ever imagine to desire.  You correct and instruct me.    For His sake, You have compassion on me and have promised good to me.
 
For His sake, You offer me life abundant.  Life everlasting.
 
How can I ever thank You?  How can I ever love You or praise You enough?
 
Still, I offer praise.
 
In Jesus' righteous and holy name I pray, Amen.
 
 
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.  (Hebrews 4:16)
 
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses   For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings, which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  (Romans 8: 26-27)
 
Who is he who condemns?   It is Christ who died and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.  (Romans 8: 34)
 
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.  (Romans 8:1)
 
But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.   Therefore, He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.   (Hebrews 7: 24-25)
 
Now this is the main point of the things we are saying:   We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.  (Hebrews 8: 1-2)
 
   
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do I Do With This Cross

On The Altar

Because ... a prayer